No Pearls Here

I'm not wearing a cardigan sweater. I don't have on a set of dainty pearls. I will not always have a hot meal waiting on the table when my husband gets home and I really don't care if my roots are touched up.

I will always have time to kiss my baby. I will always have a dry shirt to wipe his tears. I will always have a "get happy" plan for when he's had a bad day and I will most definitely have more love for my baby than he will ever understand.

I'm a MOM, and there is no job in this world that is more important.

Monday, October 10, 2011

Welcome Aboard

So, considering this is my first post, I'm not going to worry too much about getting creative...
Anyhoo... Welcome aboard!
I'd like to start off by introducing myself.  My name is Tracey & I'm a stay-at-home Mom to my wonderful 17 month old son, Brandon.  No, no.  Don't worry.  I will not get all mushy.  He gets all my mush, so I don't have enough to go around. 

So, let's get aquainted.  I'll tell you about things concerning motherhood that bug me (this list could go on and on, so I'll play nice to start!).  How about your child putting EVERYTHING in his mouth??  It drives me nuts... If I have to tell Brandon ONE MORE TIME to drop the GRAVEL (yeah, I don't get it either), I think I'm going to pull my hair out! 
Okay, and what about the whole no sleeping thing?  I mean, I love my cuddles, but really, at 4am, I really would rather spend time with my pillow and blanket then check out the latest episode of Sesame Street.  Perhaps Elmo is God and he's calling to my son.. I don't know...
I'll touch on potty training just a tad... We've gotten as far as removing the diaper, then all hell breaks loose! Apparently peeing on the carpet is hysterical.  I wouldn't know.  Luckily we haven't worked on the number 2's yet...
Tell me... how does a child automatically know the word "mine?"  I have made extraordinary efforts to NOT use that word in my son's presence and BOOM! Just like that, its his favorite word.  I just don't get it. 

For what its worth, for all you new mom's out there... stick with thrift shops & hand-me-downs.  Babies don't know the difference, and you'll save yourself moo-la that you should be spending to pamper yourself (you know, that spa treatment you'll NEED after you're little one uses your face as his personal urinal...).  And, being realistic, I should also point out that the "spa treatment" I'm referring to is a few Biore strips and some hot water, because that's all you're going to have time for.  And you know what?  If you're anything like me, you wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. 

x0x0

No comments:

Post a Comment