No Pearls Here

I'm not wearing a cardigan sweater. I don't have on a set of dainty pearls. I will not always have a hot meal waiting on the table when my husband gets home and I really don't care if my roots are touched up.

I will always have time to kiss my baby. I will always have a dry shirt to wipe his tears. I will always have a "get happy" plan for when he's had a bad day and I will most definitely have more love for my baby than he will ever understand.

I'm a MOM, and there is no job in this world that is more important.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Another Day, Another Wedding


So, now that I've finished the "Courtney" invitation, I'd like to share some pictures from another GORGEOUS wedding.  My sisters.  Hers evolved into another DIY/vintage wedding.  Her dress was worn by our Aunts & Mother over 30 years ago.  A few minor adjustments and it became the dress of her dreams.  It was simply stunning.

Here is wedding central the weekend before her wedding (we were more prepared this time around then we were for mine)...

As you can see, my parents have a pretty large kitchen, but we had NO problem filling it up.  My sisters wedding was SOOOOOOO different from mine, yet equally as beautiful in different ways.  She used a lot of whites and greens, moss, anything found in nature really.  It didn't originally start that way, but turned into something so beautiful. 



This is the flower girl basket she created taking just a dark wooden bucket, purchased from Goodwill I believe, and covered it in moss, roses, carnations, babies breath and that really pretty yellow filler (i'll have to look up the name). 


These are the table numbers I made for her.  I found a really cool font that I fell in love with immediately, and so we printed on a 60lb cardstock in a sienna color, burnt the edges (yay fire!), took some "woodwire" (I believe she got it at Michaels... its basically a wire wrapped in a brown string).  The bottom half of the table numbers are made from styrofoam and wrapped in moss.  I might be partial, but I think they came out beautifully!



This is her Table Tree.  We used the same 60lb ecru cardstock as we used for the table numbers, labeled each one and then included the guests names so they knew where to sit.  Once they were done, we attached moss at random to each card, and attached the card to sticks at varying height to make a "tree".  The picture really doesn't do it justice.  It was quite stunning!



Here are her menu cards, using that same lovely font, a few scrolls and listing all the wonderful food we'd be enjoying that evening (YUMMMM).  A tan satin ribbon topped with a wax seal bearing a script T finished it off.  Did I mention it was GORGEOUS?





Of course, I have to include these just because these kids were so darn cute!  The littlest boy is my son (not that I'm proud or anything!).  The wagon belons to my parents next door neighbor and was quite literally taken straight from the dirt in their garden the day before.  The kids felt so cool hanging out in that wagon!


Now, of course, I had to feature the bride and groom.  How horrible of a sister would I be if I didn't.  I also need to give my sister credit for helping me finish all 100 of my handpainted invitations for MY wedding.  I doubt I ever would have finished them with out her.. especially since we also did 100 response cards and all the place cards and all the table numbers.  Yes, I experience a few psycho moments before my wedding.  

And now, for the unveiling of my newest invitation... The Courtney!

This was my first attempt at a Dahlia, and I love it!!! Even more importantly, the bride LOVES it!  I can't wait to post a picture of the entire suite once its finished!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment