No Pearls Here

I'm not wearing a cardigan sweater. I don't have on a set of dainty pearls. I will not always have a hot meal waiting on the table when my husband gets home and I really don't care if my roots are touched up.

I will always have time to kiss my baby. I will always have a dry shirt to wipe his tears. I will always have a "get happy" plan for when he's had a bad day and I will most definitely have more love for my baby than he will ever understand.

I'm a MOM, and there is no job in this world that is more important.

Friday, May 25, 2012

To show or not to show? That is the question.

So, I've been tossing around the idea of doing a stationary show for, oh, about 3 years now.  I think I have an extreme lack of confidence when it comes to my own work, as my mother so nicely pointed out.  I've decided though, pending my husbands agreement, that the time has come.  I'll never really be able to pursue this as a business, if I don't take it as seriously as one.  You have to invest money to make money, right? 

So, here goes nothing!  Since the Great Bridal Expo in Baltimore, MD is in September, my goal is to complete at least one (but hopefully 2) invitations every day from here until then.  Now, obviously, if I can make an invite, I can make a response/menu/table number card etc. also, but I'm not sure if I should make some as samples as well, or not.  Oh, what to do.  I also know that I need to have a website up and  running if I am to do this show, otherwise people will have no where to follow up (except here of course).  I plan on continuing this regardless, at the very least just to chronicle my journey into the business world. 

So anyway, here are my newest...


For the above, I was trying to catch the feeling of spring.  I don't know that I'm completely "sold" on it yet.  I think there are a few things that I'd like to tweak before I'll call it complete, but overall I think its a good start and will really appeal to people with a love of pastels.  Seeing it in person, you really feel like spring is in the air!  (Even though, technically summer is in the air!!).



This one I am VERY happy with.  Right now the real rustic style wedding is big... mason jars, clothes pins, a "woodsy" feel.  I think these invites really capture that feel.  I have a few tricks up my sleeve to make this even more perfect, but for that simple look, for a bride that doesn't want too much, this is it.

I hope you like, and I LOOOOOOOVE feedback and ideas.  Even though I'm making all these samples up (strictly so I have stuff to display when the time comes), I  do plan on making this a total custom process.  I love the idea of someone having certain ideas in mind, and me being able to bring them to life.  Its an honor to be able to do that.  It really is.  My only regret is that I've waited so long.  Shame on me!


No comments:

Post a Comment